Armed Man Shot Dead Near Donald Trump’s Residence, Secret Service Says

Armed man killed after entering secure perimeter of Trump's residence, Secret Service says.

How close can danger get to a former president’s doorstep? Closer than you might think.

An armed man was shot dead after breaching security at Mar-a-Lago, the Florida residence of Donald Trump.

The incident unfolded in the early hours of Sunday—while Trump himself was in Washington, DC.

According to the United States Secret Service, the suspect approached the property carrying a shotgun and a fuel can.

When confronted, officers issued a clear command: drop the weapons.

He didn’t comply. Instead, officials say he raised the gun—forcing agents to act.

“The only words we said were ‘drop the items,’” explained local sheriff Ric Bradshaw.

Seconds later, shots were fired to “neutralise the threat.”

Security Concerns Persist

The man, identified as Austin T. Martin from North Carolina, had reportedly been declared missing just a day earlier.

Investigators, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, are now piecing together his motives.

The suspect had been reported missing by relatives, according to CBS.

Security at Mar-a-Lago is among the tightest in the country—yet incidents like this still happen.

Add this to previous assassination attempts, and a troubling pattern emerges.

So the question lingers: in an era of rising threats, is even the highest level of security ever truly enough?

Give us 1 week in your inbox & we will make you smarter.

Only "News" Email That You Need To Subscribe To

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...