The Japanese passport tops the ranking as the world’s most powerful passport, allowing travel to 193 global destinations. According to the latest analysis from London-based global citizenship and residence advice business Henley & Partners, three Asian passports of Japan, South Korea and Singapore, give their holders more flexibility to travel internationally than any other country.
12 Most Powerful Passports
Following 12 are the most powerful passports to hold in 2023, according to the latest data. Some rankings are jointly shared.
- Japan (193 destinations)
- Singapore, South Korea (192 destinations)
- Germany, Spain (190 destinations)
- Finland, Italy, Luxembourg (189 destinations)
- Austria, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden (188 destinations)
The Worst Passports
The data collected by Henley & Partners from the International Air Transport Association also mentioned the worst passports to have in 2023. Here is the list.
- Afghanistan (27 destinations)
- Iraq (29 destinations)
- Syria (30 destinations)
- Pakistan (32 destinations)
- Yemen (34 destinations)
- Somalia (35 destinations)
- Nepal, Palestinian territory (38 destinations)
- North Korea (40 destinations)